2009 Silver Proof Set
The 2009 United States Silver Proof Set will released by the US Mint on July 17, 2009. This is a special version of the proof set which contains 90% silver coins. The set is expected to be priced at $52.95, which will represent an increase of $8.00 from last years price. The increased price is a result of the expanded number of coins included in the set.
The 2009 Silver Proof Set will contain all designs for the 2009 Lincoln Cents, the 2009 District of Columbia & U.S. Territories Quarters, and 2009 Presidential Dollars. Rounding out the set will be the nickel, dime, half dollar, and Native American Dollar. In total, there will be 18 coins included in the set.
All coins will carry the “S” mint mark to designate the San Francisco Mint. The Roosevelt Dime, Kennedy Half Dollar, and six 2009 Quarters included in the set will be struck in a composition of 90% silver. The four 2009 Lincoln Cents will have a composition of 95% copper, 3% zinc, and 2% tin. The remaining coins will have the standard compositions used for circulation.
All coins will be struck in high quality proof finish. Proof coins display mirrored backgrounds and frosted raised elements to create a cameo effect.
The following coins are included in the 2009 US Silver Proof Set:
- 2009-S Proof Lincoln Cent – Birthplace (95% copper)
- 2009-S Proof Lincoln Cent – Formative Years (95% copper)
- 2009-S Proof Lincoln Cent – Professional Life (95% copper)
- 2009-S Proof Lincoln Cent – Presidency (95% copper)
- 2009-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2009-S Proof Roosevelt Dime (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof District of Columbia Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof Puerto Rico Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof Guam Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof American Samoa Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof US Virgin Islands Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof Northern Mariana Islands Quarter (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar (90% silver)
- 2009-S Proof Native American Dollar
- 2009-S Proof William Henry Harrison Dollar
- 2009-S Proof John Tyler Adams Dollar
- 2009-S Proof James K. Polk Dollar
- 2009-S Proof Zachary Taylor Dollar
Separately, the United States Mint issued a (clad) 2009 Proof Set, 2009 Presidential Dollar Proof Set, and 2009 District of Columbia & United States Territories Quarters Proof Set. These sets were priced at $29.95, $14.95, and $14.95, respectively.